VSN Mini Challenges 4 - 6 and an extra

Carrying on from my last post here, here's the rest of this weekend's VSN Mini Challenges.

Challenge #4 was to make a card or project using Flower Soft, Flocking or something along those lines on your card or project. I bought some Polar White Flower Soft just for this challenge and now I remember why I don't use it! It goes everywhere except where you want it go! This card is also for Totally Tilda's Challenge #35 to make a Christmas card without using red, green or blue. I managed to do pink and purple instead!


Recipe:


Challenge #5 was to make a card featuring clouds.I stepped away from making Christmas cards for this one! I masked my clouds and inked over the cardstock before stamping my image. I used the inspiration challenge from Stampin' Royalty's Challenge #97 - I love this Timeless Portrait suite!


Recipe:


Challenge 6 was to use the Salted Background technique to create a piece for your card or other project. I love how this technique looks but mine never comes out the same way as on the tutorials, but I just go with what I get! This time though I must have overheated my card when I was drying it as it bubbled up all over the place!


Recipe:


At 11:11pm on Friday, which was 11/11/11, Lee set an extra challenge - to use 11 things on your card. You could include all the layers as well as embellishments. My 11 things are:

1 - Card Base
2 - Red Patterned Paper
3 - Black Labels 14 Scrolls
4 - Red Striped Paper
5 - Ribbon Strip
6 - Circle Image
7 - Bow
8 - 11 - Buttons!

This card is also for Free For All #90 to make a thank you card...but with a twist. You had to include on that card the embellishment that YOU are most grateful for! Well I am so very grateful for my ribbons. I have so many of them I wouldn't know what I'd do without them! LOL I used Viva La Verve's Sketch #2 for November and for Cute Card Thursday's Challenge #190 to make a card using poppies or mostly red. I think these flowers look like poppies, don't you?!


Recipe:


And that's all for today folks! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. All your cards are gorgeous Yannessa, lovely name!
    Great colours on your tilda card, and I love your design.
    Thanks so much for joining us at totally tilda.
    Love, Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you have been busy, all beautiful cards!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Have a great day, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been busy!! Lovely cards vanessa! Love the way you have coloured tilda! thankyou for joining us this time at totally tilda
    Hugs
    Jacqui P x

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...