Little Butterflies

Just a couple of little butterflies on these cards...

This first card is for Play Date Café's Challenge #121 to use and for Viva La Verve's Sketch #1 for March. I totally love these colours colours, although I would never have thought to put sand with pink and green! I didn't want any more patterned paper on the card base, but it looked a bit empty so I used this little flourish from the Fabulous You set to add a little border and it just finished it off perfectly!

Here's the colour inspiration piccy from Play Date Café.


And here's my card for it.


Recipe:


My next card is for Colour Create's Challenge #91 to use yellow, grey, black and white and for Just Add Ink's Challenge #107 to case Nikki Spencer from the design team. I totally loved this card by Nikki from last week's challenge so set out to do a similar one. I masked off a circle in the middle, stamped the Fresh Vintage flower all over the Whisper White piece and added a vellum sentiment strip to the bottom, but it looked a bit plain, so I added some hand-stitching and ribbon to it as well. The vellum strip also looked a bit blank, so I embossed the border stamp on the reverse of the sentiment using Basic Gray ink, so you could still see it, but it didn't stand out as much as the black.


Recipe:


And that's all for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. I especially love the bottom one; it's so elegant and stylish.
    Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely CASE of Nikki's card for the JAI challenge this week, Vannessa. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you cased this card Vanessa, it's my new fav style technique at the minute and you have done such a lovely job with the case, l just love the satin bow and vintage brad.
    Thankyou for playing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Vannessa! LOVE that luscious bow on our take! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely CASE of Nikki's card, I have to try that circle masking technique it looks so effective and I like how you stamped the border under the vellum. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card - I love your background and the way you have masked off the centre. Thanks for playing along with Colour Create!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you butterfly mad too?!! I am! These are gorgeous. I love how you've done your backgrounds, they look so very pretty! Thank you so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! I love the masking technique - it's so pretty and very effective. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great case of Nikki's card Vannessa! Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely cards Vannessa and thanks so much for playing along with us at JAI this week. Love your CASE of Nikkis card.

    ReplyDelete

Scene It Sunday #180 Featuring Fore You from Di's Digi Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's Scene It Sunday. This week I have used this cute golfing mice image from Di's Digi Stamps, ...