Tripping Flowers Tilda

This week's Marvelous Magnolia's Challenge #33 is to go all shabby chic - I think I've got the look on this card. This is a style of cardmaking that I love, but just cannot pull off very well as I'm too OCD to do it! I like things to be neat and symmetrical and find the messy shabbiness goes against that OCD of mine LOL. This card took me absolutely ages and I had to keep telling myself it was ok if it didn't look perfect and a bit aged, as that was what it needed. (Gosh I sound so anal :P) I covered so much of it up with embellishments but all the edges are distressed with both inks and a distressing tool. Threw in a bit of frantage (which again had to be just on the corners, not all over the place!) and I think it's as shabby chic as I can do. Totally love it though, so might just make another one! Hehe!!!


Recipe:

Stamps: Tripping Flowers Tilda from Magnolia, Everyday Button Bits from Papertrey Ink

Papers: Rose Red, Soft Suede, Whisper White all from Stampin' Up, Once Upon A Time Red Rose Ornament Paper, Special Moments Riffard Roses Paper both from Magnolia, Memorable Journey Adventure Paper from My Mind's Eye, Copic X-Press It Blending Card

Inks: Rose Red from Stampin' Up, Tea Dye Duo from Papertrey Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers

Accessories: Very Vanilla Seam Binding, Antique Brads both from Stampin' Up, Paper Doily from eBay, Paper Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, Big Pink Rose from The Range, Shabby Pink Frantage Embossing powder from Stampendous, White Opal Liquid Pearls, Brown Pearls from Doodlebug, Framed Tags Die from Cart-Us, Lace from local craft store, Butterflies Dies, Leaves Die both from Marianne Creatables, Elegant Flourish from Crafts Too

And that's all from me today folks! Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Perfectly shabby chick, Vanessa!! Love all the details and the frantage takes your card to a new level:))(My fav at the moment)
    Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at Marvelous Magnolia and hope to see you soon.
    Hugs, Brita

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #123 Featuring Tippyscolor Fantasy Fun Coloring Book

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. This week I have used a colouring book page from a set of...