My Classroom Notice Board

It will soon be time to go back to school, not just for the kids, but for me too, but I'm lucky, as a teacher I get to go in a few days earlier! I'm going in next week to set up my classroom - print, mount, laminate and put up all my displays, labels trays and new exercise books, organise my cupboards after having moved classrooms, put out all the new pencils and pens in new pots etc etc etc (And they say teachers don't work on their holidays!). It will take me the best part of next week. I can't go in on Monday as it's a Bank Holiday here in the UK, but I will be in every other day next week so that it's all ready from when the children come back on September 4th!

I went to a garden centre the other week to kill some time before a house viewing we were going to and I bought this chalkboard with drawers unit in the sale reduced from £29.99 to £8.99. Bargain I thought but it looked a bit boring and to be honest the paintwork wasn't exactly the best. There were also big splodges of glue where the drawer handles had been stuck on badly! This is what it looked like when I bought it!


And this is what it looks like now! Had to be pink of course with lots of butterflies - both my faves. This will be perfect for my classroom and will match all the tray labels and other odds and ends I have in pink and black all over my room. I just now need to buy a mini paint bucket to go in the tray and fill it with some chalk as I don't want all the chalk dust all in the tray. I'm a bit too OCD for all that mess!



I'm entering this into Fancy and Fussy's Challenge #96 Back To School. Well I don't make Back to School cards or anything as I have no-one to give them to and other teachers wouldn't really appreciate them to be honest! But as I'm taking this back to school with me, I think it fits the challenge perfectly!

Recipe:

Stamps: None

Papers: Basic Black, Pixie Pink (Retired), Night & Day DSP (Retired) all from Stampin' Up

Inks: Chalk Marker from Stampin' Up (Shame this is a permanent pen otherwise it would have been perfect for writing on the actual board!),

Accessories: Basic Black Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (Retired) from Stampin' Up, Buttons from Stash, Baker's Twine from Creative Expressions, Isabella Butterfly Die, Pippa Butterfly Die, Darla Butterfly Die all from Memory Box, Swirl Leaves 2 Die from Joy Crafts, Upper Script Alphabet Die, Beautiful Blooms II Dies #1 Collection both from Papertrey Ink, Shabby Raspberry Acrylic Paint from Tim Holtz

And that's all from me today folks! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vannessa! What a wonderful chalkboard make over project! I love the fresh new coat of raspberry paint and those butterflies are beautiful! The flowers are lovely and I love the big pink buttons! How fun! The pretty black and white striped ribbon bow/banner across the top makes the perfect finishing touch! I'm sure that your chalkboard looks wonderful inside your classroom!
    Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy for our, "Back To School" project.
    I hope that you have a wonderful school year!
    Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #119 Featuring Mermaid Birthday Party Treasure from Faery Ink

Good morning everyone and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. I haven't used a Faery Ink image for ages so...