Hope You Can Cling To Challenge #21

This is Hope You Can Cling To Challenge #21 - my own challenge for this very worthy card drive. All month Splitcoast Stampers are hosting a series of daily challenges to support Breast Cancer Month and I was asked to be a hostess this year.

My challenge is a very personal one and is dedicated to my lovely Aunt Heather, who unfortunately  was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. Luckily for her, it was caught very early and her treatment was started immediately. So far the treatment has been very successful and we hope it now stays away for good!

Heather truly showed what a strong fighter she was throughout her whole treatment and her love of life is just amazing (she's putting on a huge family party later on this year to celebrate "Life" and just how important it really is to be with loved ones!). One thing I love most about her is her love of all things Elvis - I think she still has a clock of Elvis on her living room wall! Now he's not my cup of tea, but I do find myself singing along with his songs that I was brought up on.

So my challenge is dedicated to her and is to make a card inspired by all things Elvis, be that the King of Rock 'n' Roll himself, his music, song titles, lyrics, his sequined outfits, his military uniform, whatever you like, but your card needs to show something Elvis-y!

And here's my card - can you guess which song title I used for this one?


Recipe:

Stamps: Mouthfuls Dog from Art Impressions, Star Prints from Papertrey Ink

Papers: Riding Hood Red (Retired), Not Quite Navy (Retired), Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Regals DSP Stack (Retired) all from Stampin' Up, Paw Prints paper from Lili of the Valley, Copic X-Press It Blending Card

Inks: Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy, Riding Hood Red all from Stampin' Up, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers

Accessories: Labels Framelits from Stampin' Up

And that's all from me for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can join in the challenges over on SCS for this very worthy cause!


P.S. My card was inspired by the song Hound Dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Things Magical and Mythical #124 Featuring Sirena 2 from Mmedell Illustrations

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. This week, I have used an old digi stamp from MMedell Ill...