Guest Designer Post for Lacy Sunshine Challenge #37

I was asked a couple of weeks ago to guest design for the Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog again and of course I just had to say yes. I love these stamps, especially the flower pot pretties and have an ever growing wishlist as Heather constantly brings out fabulous new digis that I must have!


This fortnight's challenge is Christmas in July, Under The Sea and I was sent this cute Shelby's Holiday Sea Mint digi to work with - isn't she just gorgeous leaning on her giant peppermint, dreaming the day away?! I attempted to make the sea look like the sun was shining through it a bit, with the different shaded streaks - I think it worked!


I wasn't 100% sure what colours to go for, but thought traditional red and green with a touch of blue would work well and I love how this one came out. I used my almost full pack of Nordic Christmas papers from First Edition and these are such soft, pretty papers. 

Thank you so much to Heather, Audrey and the other Lacy Sunshine girls for letting me join you all for this challenge. 

Recipe:

Stamps: Shelby's Holiday Sea Mint from Lacy Sunshine

Papers: Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz, Silver Glimmer Paper, Red Glimmer Paper all from Stampin' Up, Nordic Christmas Patterned Papers from First Edition, Copic X-Press It Blending Card

Inks: Copic Markers, Clear Star Gelly Roll Pen

Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon ( :( all used up now), Cherry Cobbler Scalloped Dotty Ribbon, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Vintage Faceted Buttons all from Stampin' Up, Frostyville Border Die from Memory Box, Snowflakes Dies from Marianne Creatables, Nordic Christmas Embellishment Kit from First Edition, Rectangle and Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities both from Spellbinders

Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, R20
Hair - E50, E51, E53, E43
Seaweed - G40, G43
Reds - R24, R27, R29
Tail - G40, G43, G46
Berries - R37, R39, R59
Sand - E31, E33, E35
Thing on bottom left - E33, E35, E37 (not sure what this is so not sure if it's the right colour but it looks ok!)
Sea - BG10, BG11, BG13

And that's all from me for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over to the Lacy Sunshine challenge blog and check out all the gorgeous cards from the DT and join in the fun whilst you're there too.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us as GDT this for this challenge!
    Mandy x (LS DT)

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #124 Featuring Sirena 2 from Mmedell Illustrations

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. This week, I have used an old digi stamp from MMedell Ill...