The Outlawz Friday Colouring Challenge Books and/or Reading

Good Morning and welcome to my DT post for the new challenge over at The Outlawz Friday Colouring Challenge. This week we are celebrating Read A Book Day on September 6th, so our challenge for you is to incorporate reading or books into your project this week.

I have always been a big reader ever since I was a kid. I constantly have a book on the go and try to read about 100 books every year. I don't always meet that target but I try! I am way behind this year though as I went through a phase early in the year where I wasn't reading very much, so I am only at 52 books so far. I will probably get 80 or so read by the end of December!

Anyway....my project this week is an inspirational book stand image for my classroom to go on top of my bookcase to, hopefully, encourage the kids in my class to read! I used the gorgeous Fairy Tales image by Holly Durr @Sweet Pea Stamps along with a quote from All Booked Up by Papertrey Ink.


Recipe:

Stamps: Fairy Tales by Holly Durr @Sweet Pea Stamps, All Booked Up from Papertrey Ink

Papers: Marina Mist from Stampin Up, Copic X-Press It Blending Card, Spring Paper Bloc from Joy Crafts, Coffee in the Arbour Lovely Weather Patterned Paper & Vintage Autumn Basics No III both from Maja Design

Inks: Marina Mist & Soft Suede both from Stampin' Up, Copic Markers, Clear Wink of Stella, Silver Star Gelly Roll Pen

Accessories: Marina Mist Ribbon (Retired), Bravo Burgundy Ribbon (Retired) and Wild Wasabi Ribbon (Retired) all form Stampin' Up, Shape Art Book Template from Dutch Doobadoo

Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20, R30
Hair - E33, E35, E37, E39
Blue on hairband, top and patches - B32, B34, B37
Skirt - T1, T2, T4, T6
Wings - B60, B41, B21, B45
Key - T1, T6
Stars, Moons & Lock on book - T1, T2
Book Pages - E40, E42
Green Books - G85, G94, G99
Brown Books - E70, E71, E74, E77
Burgundy Books - R56, R89, R59
Ground - E51, E53, E55

And that's all from me for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over to the Outlawz Friday Colouring Challenge and check out the rest of the gorgeous cards from the DT and why not join in the fun whilst you are there too?!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous card Vanessa! You can't beat losing yourself in a good book :o)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vannessa, this is such a fab creation! I love your sweet image and your wonderful coloring! And the book shape is just perfect! Pretty papers & great sentiment for this! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...