Jasmine Becket-Griffith Colouring - Portrait with A Spiderling

Good evening! I thought would share something different with you tonight! I got the Jasmine Becket-Griffith Halloween Colouring Book for Christmas as I am a huge fan of hers. I have several of her prints and figurines and was lucky enough to meet her at the Whitby Goth Festival a couple of years ago and spent a while chatting with Jasmine and her husband. Really lovely people!

I spent the afternoon last Sunday colouring away one of the smaller images from her colouring book. I photocopied the page onto my Super Smooth Card, so I could colour it with my Copics and to be honest I don't want to ruin the book with my markers. The paper in it isn't really suitable for Copics anyway and I don't want the colouring to bleed through as there is a description of the following image on the back of the colouring page, which would be ruined! I'm also a bit OCD about things like that and if I did the pages out of order my OCD wouldn't like it! This way I can do them as I like!

Anyway here she is...This image is called Portrait with A Spiderling (You can find the original painting here) and is one of the smaller images where there are 4 to a page. She ended up being about 3 x 4 inches, but her hair took me ages to do! I do love how she came out though! I think I will end up colouring all 4 from the same page and either add to my colouring journal or make some ATC type cards with them and add them to my Jasmine wall in the bedroom!



Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20, R30
Hair - B14, C5, C7, C9
Eyes - BV20, BV11, BV23, BV25, BV29
Lips - RV63, RV66, RV69
Top - BV08, V15,V17, RV66, RV69
Spider - C5, C7, C9
Moon - C1, C2, BV000, BV20
Background - BV0000, BV000, BV00

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Things Magical and Mythical #119 Featuring Mermaid Birthday Party Treasure from Faery Ink

Good morning everyone and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. I haven't used a Faery Ink image for ages so...