Something Else on Saturday #48 Featuring Elephant Friends from Hello Bluebird

Good morning all and welcome to another of my Something Else on Saturday posts! I finally managed to get my hands on some Hello Bluebird Stamps from Menny's Bastelshop in Germany as they are not (as yet!) available in the UK (Why not?!) I do wish somewhere would stock them as there's so many sets I want, but Menny's doesn't have them all in stock!

Anyway these adorable elephants are from Elephant Friends and I thought I would have a go at making my own frame for them to go as I don't have a die with these sort of frame (can't find one like this either, so need to keep an eye out for one!) I used my Square and Rectangle Nestabilities to cut it out and then trimmed round it to make it fit better on the actual card base, but it is a little off centre with the squares. Might have been easier to just cut the squares and rectangle out and mount them onto a piece of card!

The background was inked using Picked Raspberry and Worn Lipstick Distress Ink Oxides before spraying with water and flicking watered down white paint over it too.

PSST! Would actually help if I bothered to add the photo of my card too, wouldn't it?! Can't believe I forgot it!

This card is for

Recipe:

Stamps: Elephant Friends from Hello Bluebird

Papers: Melon Mambo, Very Vanilla, Melon Mambo Prints DSP (Retired) all from Stampin' Up, Make It Colour Blending Card from Make It Crafty

Inks: Picked Raspberry & Worn Lipstick Distress Ink Oxides, White Acrylic Paint, Copic Markers

Accessories: Rectangle & Square Nestabilities both from Spellbinders, Washing Line Happy Birthday Die from tattered Lace

Copics Used:
Elephants - T0, T1, T2, T3, T5, R30, R20
Bunnies - E40, E70, E71, E74, R30
Mice - C00, C0
Balloon - R81, R83, R85, Blender
Banner - BG000, BG53, BG45, BG57
Butterflies - BV000, BV00, BV01

And that's all from me for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you all again soon!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Elephants are adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card for a new baby girl! Loving the cute images and wonderful design!
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet creation, hanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Make it Girly' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just adorable, I like how you placed all the various element.s. Thanks for joining in with my "make it girly" challenge at Allsorts challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply cute. love this scene and colours. Thanks for playing along with us this fortnight at Colour Crazy Challenge. AJ DT CCC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the My Time To Craft Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...