End of Summer...Start of Hallowe'en?

Good morning and welcome to my post for today. It's coming up to the end of my summer holidays and I'll soon be returning back to school, but what that will look like with all the social distancing rules in place I have no idea. All I know is that is is going to be very strange, very different from how I normally teach and very scary all at the same time. Will be good to get back into the classroom though! 

So now it's time to start on some Hallowe'en cards and keep my fingers crossed that I get to hand them out this time! I couldn't give any Easter cards out as we were shielding at the time! This card uses one of my new sets from Newton's Nook Designs and was perfect for making a silhouette slimline card! 

I inked the background with my Distress Ink Oxides before adding the stamped images and some die cut grass. I used a white gel pen to add some stars in the sky and to colour the eyes in the spooky eyes and the owl.

This card is for


Recipe:

Stamps: Spooky Street from Newton's Nook Designs

Papers: Perfect Plum (Retired) & Basic Black both from Stampin' Up, Ultimate Graphic Paper, Card Blank from Anita's

Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Black Soot, Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves & Dust Concord Distress Ink Oxides all from Tim Holtz, White Gel Pen

Accessories: Grassy Hillside Border Dies from Lawn Fawn

And that's all from me for today folks! Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you all again soon! 

8 comments:

  1. Great Halloween card love the dramatic colour combo and silhouette stamps.Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, your Halloween scene is much scarier than the one I created on Inky Paws! The dark purple background is spooktacular! Thanks for sharing with us!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your spooky haunted card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is a super awesomely spooky Halloween scene! The colors are just haunting and provide a great background for the street scene. Thank you for joining us at Inky Paws this week. XO, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooooooo spooky!! Beware the house at the end of the lane!! Thanks for playing along at Inky Paws!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect background for the silhouette images. Whoever receives this from you is going to love it. Thank you for joining in with the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, your blending looks so flawless!

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...