Digi Doodle Studios August Challenge - In or By The Sea

Good morning everyone and welcome to my DT post for the new challenge from Digi Doodle Studios. This month our challenge is called By, At or Under The Sea, so we would love to see your projects showing things in or by the sea - think fish, sea creatures, mermaids, people fishing or in boats, people paddling in the sea or making sandcastles on the beach. The list is just endless!

For my card I used the adorable Misti Mermaid and attempted to make an underwater/inside a cave effect. I don't have any dies that could be described as cave like (despite how many I own!), so I used this stencil from My Favorite Things and then cut it out after inking it up before adding it to some grey card. I think it kind of works! 

But now I know it works, I know how to use it for next time - draw round the stencil and cut out the middle bit! Then add the water behind the cut out! Don't know why I didn't think of that before, but you live and learn! 

This card is for

Recipe:

Stamps: Misti Mermaid from Digi Doodle Studios, Underwater Background Builder from Avery Elle

Papers: Coastal Cabana, Soft Sky (Retired), Gray Granite, Crisp Cantaloupe (Retired), Perfect Plum (Retired) & Wild Wasabi (Retired) all from Stampin' Up, Fresh Feelings Patterned Papers from The Works, Ultimate Graphic White Paper, Make It Colour Blending Card from Make It Crafty

Inks: Bermuda Bay from Stampin' Up, Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon, Hickory Smoke & Black Soot Distress Oxide Inks all from Tim Holtz., Copic Markers

Accessories: Seaweed Dies from eBay, Watercolor Wash Stencil from y Favorite Things, White Blizzard, Aquatic Mist & Blue Lagoon Glitter Drops al from Nuvo

Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R30, R20
Hair - BV00, BV01, BV02, BV04, BV08
Lips - BV13, BV17
Tail - BG13, BG15, BG18
Orange Shell - YR02, YR04, YR07
Starfish - YR15, YR16, YR18
Brown Shell - E42, E43, E44
Pearl - RV52, RV55
Seahorse - YR21, YR23, YR24, YR27

And that's all from me for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you all again soon! Don't forget to pop on over to the Digi Doodle Studios Challenge blog and check out all the other fabulous creations from the rest of the DT and why not join in the fun whilst you are there too?!

1 comment:

  1. Vannessa H= Thanks for linking to MTTC's ocean/sea theme challenge! Your mermaid and her setting makes the card one that should be displayed all summer long! Wonderful! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete

Scene It Sunday #186 Featuring Beer Bears from Di's Digi Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's Scene It Sunday post. For today's card, I have used the cute Beer Bears from Di's Digi ...