July Mini VSN

It's VSN time again over on Splitcoast Stampers, but tonight is just the mini event. The main event is coming up on August 26th and 27th. This VSN's theme is the Wild Wild West and not having any cowboys type stamps at all I just had to go and buy some! (Any excuse for crafty shopping huh?!) There are 6 challenges tonight and mine is number 5!

Challenge #1 was called The Grand Entry and you had to create a card that includes flags or pennants. I just had to pull out my Banner Builder set for this one. We also got bonus points for making it red, white and blue! And trying to stick to the cowboy theme, I included a little cowboy stamp! I also used TECC36 for the sketch.


Recipe:


Stamps: Back In The Saddle, Way Out West both from Waltzing Mouse Stamps


Papers: Real Red, Brilliant Blue (retired), Whisper White all from SU


Inks: Brilliant Blue (retired), Whisper White, Early Espresso all from SU


Accessories: Pure Poppy Baker's Twine, Banner Builder Dies both from PTI, Distressed Stripes Embossing Folder from Cuttlebug, Circle Nestabilities

Challenge #2 was called The Queen's Wave and was to make a card based on the theme of waving. I couldn't find any stamps of someone waving so went with the sea waving in the background! I used TECC01 for the sketch.



Recipe:

Stamps: Surfer Girl from Elzybells, Lily At The Beach from Pink Cat Studio

Papers: Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Soft Sky (retired), Island Oasis DSP (retired) all from SU, Copics White

Inks: So Saffron, Soft Sky (retired) from SU, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics

Accessories: Rose Red Ribbon from SU, Rick Rack Die from PTI

Challenge #3 was called Bring In The Clowns...Rodeo Clowns and was to use 4 bright colours and make something pop up. My sentiment is popped up! Whilst hunting for some DSP for something else I spotted this bright paper from the Pink Flamingo set (which I wasn't a great fan of to be honest which is why I still have most of the pack left) and thought it would be perfect for a bright coloured card. I used TECC9 for the sketch as well.


Recipe:

Stamps: Greenhouse Garden from SU, Mega Mixed Messages from PTI

Papers: Summer Sun (retired), Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Pink Flamingo DSP (retired) all from SU

Inks: Real Red, Cameo Coral (retired) both from SU

Accessories: Real Red Taffeta Ribbon, Button from the floor (I found it whilst clearing up so no idea where it came from but it was the perfect colour for this card :P), Circle Nestabilities

Challenge #4 was called All That Glitters... and was to use sequins! The only sequins I own are some red one I bought for decorating a Christmas decoration a couple of years ago so I had to use those. I used TECC15 for the sketch as well. I tried to make this one a bit more Western style than the others and used 3 different background stamps from the Way Out West set from Waltzing Mouse Stamps.


Recipe:

Stamps: Back In The Saddle, Way Out West set both from Waltzing Mouse Stamps.

Papers: Real Red, Soft Suede, Whisper White all from SU

Inks: Real Red, Old Olive, Soft Suede all from SU

Accessories: Old Olive Twill (retired), Scallop Edge Border Punch both from SU, Red Sequins from stash

Challenge #5 was called Brayered Sunset over the Plains and was my challenge! You had to use a brayer (or sponges or daubers or whatever else you could think of) to create a sunset and silhouettes scene. This was my 3rd attempt (attempt #1 was a perfect sunset until I splodged black ink on it; attempt #2 had too many line marks on it, but #3 was great!).


Recipe:

Stamps: Back in the Saddle, Way out West both from Waltzing Mouse Stamps

Papers: Barely Banana (retired), Basic Black, Whisper White

Inks: Barely Banana (retired), Summer Sun (retired), Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black all from SU

Accessories: Black Gingham Ribbon (retired), Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch (to make mask) all from SU

Challenge #6 was called Living In The Wild Wild West and you had to take inspiration from the lyrics of "Wild Wild West" by Escape Club. I used the line "I love her eyes and her wild wild hair" as my inspiration - I think Tuesday has really piercing eyes and wild wild hair, don't you! You also had to include gingham somewhere as well, which I totally forgot until writing this blog post, so I have just now added some little red gingham ribbon bows to my card! I used TESC103 for the sketch and CC79 to use Real Red, Bashful Blue and Almost Amethyst for my colours. I'm also entering it in Farm Fresh Friday's Gratuity Please Challenge.


Recipe:

Stamps: Star Prints from PTI, Tuesday from The Greeting Farm

Papers: Real Red, Almost Amethyst, Summer Picnic DSP (retired) all from SU, Copics White

Inks: Real Red, Almost Amethyst (retired) both from SU, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics

Accessories: Red Gingham Ribbon from SU, Seeing Star Dies Collection from PTI, Lavender Lace Liquid Pearls

And that's all the challenges for the Mini VSN. Come on over and join in the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Things Magical and Mythical #124 Featuring Sirena 2 from Mmedell Illustrations

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. This week, I have used an old digi stamp from MMedell Ill...