A few VSN cards

It was VSN or Virtual Stamp Night this weekend over on Splitcoast Stampers, which I totally forgot about. I didn't have much time to do many of the challenges, but I did what I could, combining them with other challenges where possible, but I only managed to get 5 done in the end. Oh well nevermind.

Challenge B was to make a card with some summer toys on it. I went straight for my kites (I actually haven't played with one of these properly since I was a kid, but we made some in school a while ago for our own Indian Kite festival and the kids loved it. Was such fun running around on a very windy day trying to fly a kite!). I combined it with A Passion for Papertrey's Circles Challenge and my fave new combo of the summer - turquoise, yellow and grey. Keep seeing combo this around a lot and I love the brightness of it.


Recipe:

Stamps: Background Basics: Medallions, Up, Up & Away, Up, Up & Away Sentiments all from Papertrey Ink

Papers: Lemon Tart, Hawaiian Shores both from Papertrey Ink, Whisper White

Inks: Lemon Tart, Hawaiian Shores both from Papertrey Ink, Smoky Slate from Stampin' Up

Accessories: Lemon Tart Grosgrain Ribbon, Double Ended Banner Die both from Papertrey Ink, Circles Nestabilities, Lacey Nestabilties, Dew Drops

Challenge C was to use splashes of ink with a summer theme, so I used my markers and my spritzer to make a rainbow of colours. We get lots of rainbows in the summer here in the UK, only because we get so much darn rain during the so-called summer LOL


Recipe:

Stamps: Happy Trails from Papertrey Ink

Papers: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Island Indigo, Perfect Plum all from Stampin' Up

Inks: Basic Black, Stampin' Up Markers in Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Island Indigo, Perfect Plum, Blushing Bride all from Stampin' Up

Accessories: 3/4" Circle Punch, Spiral Punch (Retired) both from Stampin' Up, Happy Trails Die from Papertrey Ink, Speech Bubbles Dies from X-Cut

And Challenge D was to use red, white and blue, so I used my new Mosaic Madness stamp set and coordinating embossing folder to come up with this one.


Recipe:

Stamps: Mosaic Madness, Label Love both from Stampin' Up

Papers: Riding Hood Red, Marina Mist, Whisper White all from Stampin' Up

Inks: Riding Hood Red, Marina Mist, Night of Navy all from Stampin' Up

Accessories: Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder, Mosaic Punch, Artisan Label Punch, Riding Hood Red Pleated Satin Ribbon (Retired) all from Stampin' Up

And that's all from me for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All Things Magical and Mythical #123 Featuring Tippyscolor Fantasy Fun Coloring Book

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. This week I have used a colouring book page from a set of...