Congrats (on your engagement)

My very best friend Red announced her engagement to her lovely man yesterday so I just had to make her a congratulations card, but believe it or not, with all the millions of stamps and sets I have nowhere could I find a "congratulations on your engagement" stamp. I checked all my SU, PTI, WaltzingMouse and various other ones and nearly decided to stamp out each letter but then thought it would look a bit naff. I didn't think my Silhouette Portrait would be able to cut out the letters small enough for what I wanted so instead just went with a plain Congrats stamp. And now I have an excuse reason to buy another set.

Anyway onto the card - I thought ColourQ's Challenge #222 would be just perfect for this occasion, using such an elegant colour combo.

And here's my card.


Recipe:

Stamps: I {Heart} Hearts from Stampin' Up, Think Big Favorites #5 from Papertrey Ink

Papers: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White all from Stampin' Up

Inks: Basic Gray, Basic Black both from Stampin' Up, Gold from Ink It Up

Accessories: Heart Blocks Embossing Folder from Cuttlebug, Ribbon from box of Thorntons chocolates at Christmas! (Knew that would come in handy sometime.)

And that's all from me for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, your friend will love this for her happy occasion! Thanks for sharing this with us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Congrats card, Vannessa! Happy 2014 abd thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete

The Paper Shelter Challenge # April Showers Bring May Flowers

Good morning and welcome to my DT post for the new challenge from The Paper Shelter. This week our challenge is April Showers Bring May Fl...