Happy New Year!

Good morning! I usually do a favourites post of all my cards of the year on New Year's Eve, but I forgot this time! So here it is today instead!

I made quite a few changes with the design teams I was on last year. I felt I was spending so much time making projects for the design teams that I lost my mojo and my love of crafting a bit. At times, it felt a bit like a chore, but I have now dropped down to three teams and have more time to do more of my own crafting which makes me much happier! I get to use the images and make the cards in my own style, rather than having to be prescriptive so often!

Anyway...

Delicious Doodles was a small DT that I was on, but unfortunately the term didn't last for long as after 12 months, Teri, the owner of Delicious Doodles, decided to close the challenge blog down. My favourite card from being on this DT was actually my last card for this DT - a Gothic wedding card! You can read more about this card here.


Whimsy Stamps is one of my favourite companies for cute images and fabulous sentiments. I decided to step down from this DT in June as I had been on the DT for 1 year and 4 months and to be honest I was struggling to keep up with the weekly creations. At that time, I was teaching in a school with a very challenging class and a very challenging set of expectations and I was working all the hours I could to keep on top of my workload. (Luckily I have now left that school and moved on to much better things!).  

My favourite card for this team was really hard to choose as I loved so many of them, but eventually decided to go with Fairy and her Bunny. You can read more about this card here.


Another team I stepped down from in June last year was the Ching-Chou Kuik Challenge blog team. I had been on this team for almost four years and I felt I needed a change. I love these images, but I felt lots of my cards were becoming the same old thing every time, so I stepped down with this gorgeous project using Aloha Lady. You can read more on my blog post here.


Polkadoodles was a DT I was only on for a very short amount of time. Although I love the images, I just felt the team wasn't for me, so left after my initial term of 3 months was up. My favourite card was this one using Frosty Penguins from the Octavia Frosted Winter Collection. You can read more on this post.



Faery Ink is one of the DTs that I have been on for a while now. Although the team kind of disbanded for a while, I stayed on and did a couple of projects a month for Amanda, while she was going through some personal stuff. The team started up again at the end of the summer and Amanda has released lots of fabulous new images. However, my very favourite was the Unicorn Masquerade collection that Amanda released in May and here was my project. you can read more about this project on my blog post here.



I started at Little Miss Muffet Stamps as a guest designer and when Lyn asked if I wanted to stay on, I went with a yes! I love these images and although it is back to a weekly project, I am now in a better position work wise and I have a lot more time on my hands. My favourite project for this DT was another hard one to choose as I love the Polka Dot Pals images and have used several of them this past year. In the end I decided to go with this card using the adorable Polka Dot Pals Maeve. There's more here on my original post. 


And my final Design Team that I am on is The Paper Shelter. I have been on this team since March 2014 and I just all their images. This one was so hard to choose a favourite for - just glad I only had a year's worth of cards to look through! In the end, I decided to choose this one as my favourite because I was so pleased with the colouring on this one. I draw and coloured the background by myself, which for someone who cannot draw was a feat in itself. I was really proud of how this one came out! You can read more about it here. 


The final favourite I am going to share with you all from my creations last year is from my Fantasy Friday posts that I have been doing since the summer. I decided to start these as I have a huge collection of fantasy images - fairies, mermaids, unicorns, dragons etc - and never had the opportunity to use them because of all the DTs I was on. Once I had left a few in the summer, I had the time to create using my own choice of images, which lead to doing these posts every week and believe it or not I have managed to keep it up! I wasn't sure I would! 

Anyway this card uses Message In A Bottle from Simply B Stamps. You can read more on my original post here

Phew! If you have got to the end with all that, thank you so much! I hope you have enjoyed seeing all my favourites from the last year! I really enjoyed looking back at them all myself too and found some I had forgotten that I had made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Things Magical and Mythical #124 Featuring Sirena 2 from Mmedell Illustrations

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. This week, I have used an old digi stamp from MMedell Ill...