My 2021 Crafting Journey

Good morning! I can't believe we are now at the end of another year, another weird year to say the least! Life has definitely been more challenging again, but it feels a bit more "normal" if there is such a thing any more! I have been lucky so far in that I have completely avoided catching Covid, so fingers crossed it stays that way, although working in a school means the risks are slightly higher with the amount of children, parents and other adults I come in contact with on a daily basis.

Anyway I thought I would have a look back through all my projects throughout the year and choose my favourites for each month. 

From January, I picked this one - the cover for my reading journal, which I have completely filled up! I actually ran out of room for some sections, so have made another one for next year with some extras pages in. This uses the gorgeous Beatrix The Bookwitch from Faery Ink. 



From February, I have chosen this card featuring the adorable Gnome Set from Paper Nest Dolls. I love being able to combine different elements to create a scene, especially as my drawing skills are very questionable! I much prefer to colour something that someone else has drawn so it looks like what it is supposed to be! LOL



From March, I have picked my Aurora Be Fun Be You card using this gorgeous stamp from Stamp Anniething. I love this bright combo of yellow and turquoise and is one I return to time and time again! 


For April, I have picked one of all time favourite card makes - this one to represent Disney's Ratatouille using a heap of stamp sets from Lawn Fawn. This one was definitely a labour of love as I actually stamped, colour and fussy cut by hand way more than I needed to, so actually still have lots of pieces left over! 



From May's creations, I have chosen the card I made for my boyfriend's birthday using the fabulous Oddball Edgar from Stamping Bella. He loved Edgar Allen Poe and we now have a small "shrine" to him I guess you can call it - it has this card, the books of his stories and poems, the Edgar Funko Pop figure and the Bart Simpson Raven one too all together on a shelf. The Raven is one of my favourite poems too! 


For June, I have chosen one of my Paper Shelter DT cards as my favourite, using another of my favourite colour combos - hot pink, black and white! This was also the month I took over from Marie as the DT Leader for Team B and I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far! 


From July's cards, I have picked this scenescape card using the adorable Cute As ABCs from Clearly Besotted. I love this card die and have used it a few times now, but need to use it more! 



For August, I have chosen one of my guest designer cards for Sweet November Stamps. Amy asked me to join them for an early Hallowe'en release using these gorgeous Friday 13th Goth Dolls, which are just so me! I combined 3 of them in this card and had so much fun with them all.



For September, it was the return to school after the summer holidays! For this month, I have picked another DT card; this time from Stampers Delights, which I returned to back in May after Janice asked me if I would come back to the team. I am now one of her brand Ambassadors so have been doing loads of tutorials for different projects each month and this card was one for a mostly white card. 



From October's cards, I have picked my shaker card using the adorable witch image from the Miss Anya All Year Kit from The Greeting Farm. I love this set as there are so many different images to use! 



For November, once Hallowe'en was out of the way, it was Christmas card making time. I always make loads as I give loads out at work, to friends and family and my MIL always has a few too, so I need extra. For this month, I have picked this gorgeous Snow Faery card from Alicia Bel. I love doing Christmas cards in non-traditional colours and pink, white and silver is a fab combo for them! 


And finally, December! I have chosen my DT card for Digi Doodle Studios, whose team I joined in November when I applied for the Dt call and was successful. I only recently discovered these images as a friend of mine is also on their DT, so was super excited to join the team! 



If you have managed to get this far, thank you! I hope you have enjoyed seeing my favourites this year and would love to know which one was yours too! I am looking forward to seeing where 2022 takes me in my crafting journey - you never know I might actually get round to completing some of those classes I keep buying and signing up for, but never get round to doing! 

Have a fabulous New Year and I hope 2022 is a great one for you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ink 'n' Splatter Inspiration Post #2

Good afternoon and welcome to my second DT inspiration post for Ink 'n' Splatter this month. This month we are showcasing some of th...